Saturday, April 16, 2011

Doctor Who Event Recap -- BEDA #16


Hello folks

I promised a Doctor Who event and mini meet up recap for today’s BEDA. Unfortunately, there’s not much to report. The event itself wasn’t what I was expecting. I thought it would be a lot of huge fans but it seemed like it was mostly people on their lunch break from the Sci Fi convention looking for something to do. When I tried to make conversation by bringing up theories about series 6 the person I was talking to didn’t remember the name of the current companion. While that aspect was disappointing, I did enjoy watching Doctor Who with a crowd. They aired Blink and I’d forgotten how funny it is. I always find shows and movies funnier when watching them in a crowd. There were also a few people dressed up. My favourite was this kid around the age of 10 who was dressed up as the tenth doctor with the long coat and all.

The nerdfighter mini meet up itself didn’t end up happening. I’m not sure what happened. The girls I was meeting are still in university and it is the middle of final exams so they probably couldn’t take time off from studying or something. Hopefully we’ll plan a proper nerdfighter meet up in the summer.



30 Day Song Challenge

day 15 - a song that describes you

I think I went over this in an earlier BEDA post

Ani Difranco – Joyful Girl



day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate

Clay Akien – No More Sad Song






I was a big fan of Clay back when he was on American Idol. My friend got me his album for Christmas back in 2003 when it came out. I liked it as first but I can’t stand any of the songs on it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment