Saturday, April 2, 2011

How I Became a Nerdfighter – BEDA #2*

Seeing as I’m only doing BEDA because I was introduced to the idea by fellow nerdfighters I thought it only fair that one of my first BEDA posts should be about how I stumbled onto this wonderful thing know as nerdfighteria.  In October of 2009 youtube spotlighted (or maybe featured) a vlogbrothers video, it was one of John’s birthday videos. I had heard of John from his career as an author. I’d actually been meaning to borrow Paper Town from the library for some time but it was always taken out or on hold. Since the first vlogbrothers video I ever watched was all about John I assumed that the channel was just a gathering place for John’s fan club**. It’s been a while but I’m pretty sure the first time I saw the video I though “oh this guy Hank must be the president of his fan club or something”***.  I proceeded to check out the channel starting with John’s video about Presidential last words.  I've always been a huge politics nerd**** so I kind of just fell in love with the channel and haven’t looked back since. I did eventually work out that nerdfighteria was more than just John’s fan club, that John and Hank are brothers, and that Hank is awesome in his own right. I managed to watch all the videos on the channel at the time in about two months though me being me I didn't watch them in order so I’m not positive I saw them all. I still hope that someday I’ll stumble onto a super old video I haven’t seen.

I'd love to hear about all of your nerdfighteria discovery stories either in the comments below or in your own blog post and as they say in my hometown DFTBA.







* I was repeatedly delayed while trying to write and post this. I haven’t gone to bed yet so I’m still counting this as my post for the 2nd, expect another post tomorrow. Also it’s still the 2nd somewhere (most of North America)
** Sorry Hank
*** Sorry again Hank  
**** More BEDA posts on that later


EDIT: I forgot to mention two more of my friends have decided to do this whole BEDA deal. Show 'em some love:
Margo: http://wrockingawesome.blogspot.com/
Emily: http://justanothercrashlanding.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

  1. rofl. I like your *'s, they remind me of Maureen Johnson's posts. Hee.

    ReplyDelete