Monday, April 11, 2011

Top 10 Reasons I’m Nerd (in no particular order)* -- BEDA 11


1.     I love science fiction. 

2.     I watched election coverage as a 3 year old, no really. I could not even pronounce Liberal* (I said Lib-lul) but I watched election coverage.

3.     I follow politics like most people follow sports. The thing I was most excited about when I turned 18 was being able to vote.

4.     I have a degree in economics. I don’t know if you’ve ever sat though an economics course it is really nerdy. 

5.     I went to grad school. My personal theory is that everyone who goes to grad school is a nerd.

6.     I was in the school band for 6 years and I wasn’t even that good. My friends and I would say we were in band for the social benefits, yes the social benefits.

7.     I own a lapel pin which is contains was made from the original copper roof of the Canadian Parliament Buildings. Whenever people compliment me on it I always excitedly tell how the pin is made from part of the Parliament Building then they look at me weirdly. (If you’re curious as to what it looks like it’s the one labelled F here http://www2.parl.gc.ca/sites/lop/boutique/Product-e.asp?ItemId=836&Catid=66)

8.     Doctor Who is one of my favourite things in the world. 

9.     John Green is my hero.

10.   Hoo Ha Nerdfighters




*Idea for this blog borrowed from/ blatantly stolen from allydances. Check her out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q4aBgsZgaA

**As in the Liberal Party of Canada for you Yanks

(Sorry again for the weird formatting Word 2007 and Blogger are still not playing nice with each other again)

No comments:

Post a Comment