Thursday, April 21, 2011

Questions That Can’t Be Answered – BEDA #21


When I was two years old my parents left India and immigrated to Canada. Their decision to move to Canada was the one that had the largest impact on my life. I love Canada, it’s my home and I’m glad they moved here. However, sometimes I can’t help but wonder what my life would be life if they had stay, who I would be. So much of who you are is affected by the people and experiences you are surrounded with while growing up. Aside from my family basically every person I have ever met and everything I have experienced would be different. I can guess a few things about myself that would be different. I wouldn’t go by Sue, I probably would have gone into a different field of study, I’d be able speak Marathi. But at a base level how much would my family staying in India have changed who I am as a person? Sometimes I wonder if I would like this “other possible Sue” and if she’d like me.

Moving on to questions that can be answered, Christina wanted to know what Kannada was. I figured it was best to post the answer on today’s blog as she was probably not the only one with that question. Kannada is a South Indian language spoken primarily in the state of Karnataka where both of my parents are from.

30 Day Song Challenge
day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy

I’ve recently discovered Molly Lewis and I’ve been listening to her music a lot when I’m happy.

Molly Lewis – My Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment