Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Cleaning -- BEDA #9


I devoted the majority of today to a major spring cleanup. I’m generally not a fan of cleaning. I basically try to the minimum amount necessary. 

But today I was all like 

Artwork by:  Hyperbole and a Half*

So I put my ipod on shuffle and spend about three and a half hours straight cleaning everything in sight (well in sight inside my bedroom). Today's massive cleaning session confirmed that I'm a bit of a pack rat. Not in an "keeping old used pizza boxes" way but in an “I might need the notes from that one stats course I did in 2006.” I did, however, managed to purge most of my old notes. I also hold on to a lot of things for sentimental value, everything from old birthday cards and letters to old trinkets like the doll I made in 3rd grade. I am curious to know dear blog readers do you tend to hold on to things for too long like I do or are you a normal sane person?


On Noxy’s advice I’m going to do the 30 Day Song Challenge everyday for the rest of BEDA and double up on questions until I catch up so here we go.

1. Your favourite song.
One song? One favourite song? Getting me to just pick one is like making a parent pick their favourite child you know! Fine! if I had to pick I’d say Tangled Up in Blue by Bob Dylan. I love the story telling aspect of the song and the lyrics are beautiful.






I could only find one version on youtube from a live performance. It’s not quite the same as the album version that I have. Some of the lyrics in this version are altered and he switches back and forth between 3rd and first person in this version (the album version is all first person). I’d still encourage you to listen to it though and get your hands on the album version if you can.


2. Your least favourite song.
This one was hard to come up with. I’m going to go with Last Christmas**.


I have been annoyed with this song since I was a kid. The lyrics make no sense

“Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special”

I remember as a child being like “dude I’m sure you thought the girl last Christmas was special too and that didn’t save you from tears then.” I’m not saying he should just be alone instead of trying to find someone else it’s just the way the lyrics are worded, they’re not particularly strong.





* If you haven’t heard of Hyperbole and a Half you should definitely check it out. It’s one of the funniest things on the internet. The image I used here is from one of my favourite post “This is Why I’ll Never Be An Adult

** I only learned that thing song was originally by Wham while searching for a link. I always though it was just one of those songs like Santa Baby that’s been around forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment