Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Election Debates and Song Challenges -- BEDA 12


I was planning to write today’s BEDA about the English language leader’s debate that happened today in Canada but I’m finding I don’t have much to say. While I’m not sure what the actual ratings were for the debate in terms of number of viewers it was nice to see Canadians on twitter getting involved and paying attention. The hashtag #db8 was treading in Canada for the entire debate only behind the promoted trending topic. It was also trending worldwide for part of the debate.

Also kudos to CBC for making the debate as accessible as possible by also streaming it online and airing it on the radio.

Alright I’m going to keep this short because I have four questions to answer in the 30 day song challenge today since I forgot to do two yesterday. I may fail at 30 day challenges but I won’t fail at BEDA!

day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone

Angel by The Corrs reminds me of my friend Bethany who passed away a few years ago.





day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere

Closing Time by Semisonic reminds me of high school as it was one of our graduating songs.




  day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event

The Middle by Jimmy Eat World reminds me of my stats final during my first year of university. Strange I know, but hear me out. I was very nervous about this exam like ridiculously nervous. I hadn’t been doing that well in the course all term but had managed to learn and study most of the concepts before the exam with the help of my dad (who teaches stats). I got there early for the exam and ridiculously nervous, the kind of nervous that makes you mess up even when you know the material. So instead of spending the last bit of time before the exam looking over my notes I put on my headphones and played this song on repeat for and listened to it for what must have been like 15 times before we were called into the room to write the exam. I ended up doing fairly well in the course considering and I partially have this song to thank.






day 08 - a song that you know all the words to

I know the words to a lot of songs…like almost all the over 1500 songs in my library and more that have burrowed themselves into my head from overplay on the radio. What can I say I’m a big lyrics person and I love to sing along to music. So I decided to hit random on my ipod till I came across a song I know all the words to as predicted it didn’t take long. So you get to listen to Why Georgia by John Mayer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment